Sunday, April 02, 2006

"Scalia-gesture you, Bubba."

A. Nonymouse, a fellow comboxer at CAEI, came up with this phrase. I think that it's far too good to allow it to languish, so I'm adding it to my lexicon, and obviously hoping it will spread further:

"Scalia-gesture you, Bubba."
My nomination for the St. Blog's™ Official Insult©. For when you just can't keep it inside, but you don't want to sin against charity any more than necessary. Especially if you're part-Southern-Italian, or, like me, half-Irish and all red-head. Perhaps to be accompanied with a teeny flick of the index finger from the chin, instead of the entire back of the hand.

Of course, the Justice said that gesture doesn't totally mean what everyone thinks it means (and cast members of "The Sopranos" are not experts on Italian hand gestures simply by virtue of being cast members of "The Sopranos"!) . . . I dunno about that but I think I'll trust him over a Boston newspaperwoman.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Holy Fool said...

"'Scalia-gesture you, Bubba.'
My nomination for the St. Blog's™ Official Insult©. For when you just can't keep it inside, but you don't want to sin against charity any more than possible."

Say Amen, Sister! You speak true!

4/02/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger Meg Q said...

Thanks. I changed it to "you don't want to sin against charity any more than necessary". Obviously "any more than possible" is NOT what I meant.

4/02/2006 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home