Tuesday, March 28, 2006

BREAKING: Caspar Weinberger dead at 88

MOVED TO TOP (posted at 12:30 p.m. MST)

One of the great and influential figures of my youth has died. Weinberger had a strong influence on me, especially as a longtime Forbes columnist. From the AP article: "'He gave everything to his country, to public office and to his family,' Caspar Weinberger Jr. said." Absolutely. I'll write more later but I wanted to note his passing. May God rest his soul.

Caspar Weinberger Dies at Age 88

Forbes has info up.

(I'll say it now: USS Caspar Weinberger.)

UPDATE: 5:54 p.m. MST Special Weinberger page at defenselink.mil
Honoring Caspar Weinberger
also
Former Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger Dies at 88
By Jim Garamone, American Forces Press Service

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home