Sunday, April 02, 2006

Yeaaaaaah . . . so I've been working on my TPS cover sheets . . .

. . . they need more flair . . .

I finally got a copy of the Special Edition of Office Space. Oh . . . you know what I'm talkin' about. It was everything that I thought it could be. I hope you've gotten your copy . . . you did get the memo, right?

Seriously, I kept putting off buying a copy back home because I couldn't just find a widescreen version, though there was always a full-screen version hanging around at Target for $9.99. (I hate full-screen movies.) But buying DVDs never has been a big priority for me, so . . . but I just laughed and laughed today. Oh, it hurts.

"Soooooooo . . . "
"'PC Load Letter'? What the f**k does that mean?"
"You know, the Nazis had pieces of flair that they made the Jews wear."
"Mr. Samir Naga . . . Naga . . . Naga . . . not gonna work here anymore, anyway."
"I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months."
"The ratio of people to cake is too big."
"Ahhhhhh . . . "
"You see, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."
"Soooooo, can I get you gentlemen something more to drink? Or maybe something to nibble on? Some pizza shooters, shrimp poppers, or extreme fajitas?"
"That may be, but at least I never slept with Lumbergh."
"Two chicks at the same time, man."
"Yeaaaaaaaah . . . "
"Minimum-security prison is no picnic. I had a client in there once. He said the trick is to kick someone's ass the first day, or become somebody's bitch. Then everything will be all right."
"I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob."
"I could set the building on fire."
"Ummmmmm . . . "
"I love kung fu."
"Uh-oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays!"
And of course,
"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler . . ."

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean P. Dailey said...

So, I take it you're a fan of Office Space, Meg? ;)

--Sean P. Dailey

4/03/2006 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger Meg Q said...

Sean: I'll be sending you my monograph on "The Chestertonian Aspect in 'Office Space'".

:^) Half-serious, actually. But that will have to wait until I finish my opus on applying po-mo theory to the DaVinci Code . . .

4/03/2006 09:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home