Tuesday, June 12, 2007

He's big in . . . Albania?

I have to admit that, having read about Albania as the example of "Bad Capitalism" in P. J. O'Rourke's "Eat the Rich" (which, granted, is 10 years old now), it's not a country I can quite take seriously. Still, it's nice for the president that people somewhere like him. Actually, I believe he also had a positive reception in Poland and a downright old-home day in Bulgaria, and there's even talk that he did some good work at the G-8 all by hisself and had a good chat with Vlad, so, who knows? In that case, I guess he'd be more popular in Europe than he is at home, where he's finally finished the job of blowing up his base. (I haven't blogged in the last month because I've just been too, too depressed over this whole immigration thing. And the Iraq fumbling. Get it together, man! Oh, this whole presidency is just lost opportunities and insane policy.) Anyway, Bush is big in Albania. So he's got that going for him.

Mr. Bush Goes to Albania

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home